Monday, May 31, 2010

The Jell-o Project: Vanilla and Peach Jell-o Pudding

Please forgive the unappealing blob of Cool Whip in the photo. I'm not familiar working with the Cool Whip medium. I'm going to get back to Grandma's molds next week, but this week I had some Peach Jell-o I wanted to try. I found this recipe and thought it sounded easy and delicious.

This Jell-o could not be classified as a salad no matter how many pretty green lettuce leaves I garnished it with. It's a dessert all the way. It was sweet and delicious and surprisingly rich.

No surprise: Robert and I loved it.

Jonah gobbled it down.

Isaac dug right in and seemed to be sold on Vanilla and Peach Jell-o Pudding until he ran into his first actual peach. Then he was done. Finished! He wouldn't even let me dig out the peaches to finish the rest. "But you love canned peaches," I said.

"Yes, but I don't like things with them." He said.

Ethan ate the Cool Whip off the top only. He didn't even try one bite.

What am I going to do with that kid?

2 comments:

Allyson said...

Afton, I have a 3 year supply (minimum) of various flavors of jello and pudding that I need to send your way. We only eat the stuff 2-3 times a year at best! I am glad you are finding fun uses for the mold and bringing back a cool food group from the past.

Anonymous said...

This looks really good do you have a recipe?