Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Throne for the Queen

I got an outdoor lounge chair for Mother's Day. Now maybe my pasty white Pacific Northwest arms and legs might have a chance to get some vitamin D while I lounge and read out doors. Yee haw!

Ethan made me brownies with a clean post-brownie kitchen as an added, and much appreciated bonus. (Check out the flour on his shirt!) The brownies were delicious. Too delicious.

And now, if you will excuse me, I'm going to read The Scarlet Pimpernel outside on my new chair.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

What a perfect gift! Happy Mother's Day!

I-Shüan said...

Cute picture of you! Now you need matching patio furniture, right? :-)

Emily said...

Sweeeeet! What an awesome gift!

Erika said...

I wish I had one of those. And the Scarlet Pimpernel is one of my all-time favorite movies--have you seen the one with Jane Seymour? I love it. My husband loves it. The kids will even watch it too. Such a great story. I have yet to read the book though.

Afton said...

Thanks for the movie recommendation Erika. I have seen the movie once and loved it, but can't remember which version. I wanted to check it out from the library after I finish the book and watch it with Robert. I'll look for the one with Jane.

Allyson said...

The chair looks super comfy and it is nice to see that the sun was shining for you on Mother's day! Love the bangs too!

Erika said...

"They seek him here, they seek him there; those Frenchies seek him everywhere. Is he in heaven, or is he in hell? That damned, elusive Pimpernel!" LOVE Anthony Andrews! My kids always say he's "fruity". Fruity indeed, but he's such a stud muffin. And Jane is wonderful as always. Now I need to go watch this movie.

Heather said...

I love the soundtrack for the "Scarlet Pimpernel," does that count? What a great Mother's Day present for you, Afton! You look so relaxed in that picture already! Keep reading out in this sun & you'll get plenty of vitamin D!