Sunday, May 2, 2010

Root, Root, Root for the Home Team!

Jonah and Isaac are playing Little League baseball this spring. It seems that Robert's employer allows plenty of time for its employees to sign kids up for sports, but not so much time for its employees to watch said sports. Sucks for me, but there you have it. (And it very much sucks for Robert too.)

Luckily I was able to get both boys on the same team and for a while, Ethan was actually helping out as a junior assistant to the coaches. So I could take all three boys (once they got their baseball clothes on, found their gloves, hats and cleats) and drop them off for 90 minutes of practice each week. It was actually working out OK.

Until the team had 3 practices and 2 games in one week and Jonah reached his athletic quota for the year. He's still hanging in there with the team, just a little bit more grudgingly. Isaac has really taken to baseball and is quite a good hitter. The great thing about this age is that all the boys are at the same skill level (a.k.a. skill-less level) so even those little hits to the infield result in a base hit.

I have to admit, my boys are pretty darn cute in their little uniforms. I also have to admit that I bring a book to every game.

3 comments:

Anna said...

That last picture is so adorable! I'm glad Joshua's not old enough for sports yet. It sounds like it makes life complicated.

Erika said...

Yes, they are pretty darn cute! Good action shots!

Karina said...

Ditto on both the cuteness AND the need for a book at the games...:)