Friday, August 12, 2011

Disney Day Three: Overheard at Disneyland


It it exhausting trying to get our money's worth out of Disneyland. We are up at the crack of dawn and don't leave the park until we're all walking dead. Well, almost. I just don't have it in me, creatively, to come up with something clever to write at 11:30 at night when my feet are aching and my hips remind me that I'm not 21 anymore.

So on Thursday, I thought I'd share a few of the things I heard at Disneyland. We arrived at 6:50 am and left the park at 11pm. That's just over 16 hours of Disneyland. Robert's step counter showed 25,800 steps. It was a very. long. day.

"Why couldn't we get a 5-day pass?" Ethan, around 8:30am

"I've done everything I wanted to do." Isaac, at 9:37am

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your conductor speaking. A Chihuahua has gotten loose from its owner and is running along the tracks in New Orleans' Square and Rivers of America. I wish I was joking." 

"Robert, I don't have my phone. If you get this message, meet me in front of Space Mountain." Afton, from a pay phone (yes they still have them and it cost $3.40 for the phone call). Unfortunately, Afton had dialed the wrong number.

"Mom, Isaac is trying to lick me." Jonah, in line at Midway Mania

"Mom, Jonah's touching me. He's touching me again. And again. And again. And again!" Isaac, in line at Midway Mania


"Take the picture anyway. I want to prove that I went on California Screamin'." Jonah, (top left seat, that's his forehead with a blue hood covering his hair.)

"For our grand finale, we have combined Nutcracker and River Dance. We call it, River Nut." Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, the Golden Horseshoe. 


"Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy." Darth Vader

"Strike yer colors ye brazen wench! No need to expose your superstructure!" Pirate


"Hug Train, coming into the station." Ethan, hugging Robert

"My goal is to have a working prototype by November." guy to girlfriend, on tram from parking garage

"Over there's the kitchen for 33." guy to girlfriend, in Pirates of the Caribbean, sharing some insider tips from his stint as a Disneyland employee.


"Mom, thanks for bringing us to Disneyland." Ethan, 10:57pm

1 comment:

a said...

So Robert and Woody look very much related. Does that make you BoPeep?
Does that make your boys Sheep? Does that mean if you lose them it is okay? It is just part of the DNA?