Tuesday, November 18, 2008

So Long Iconic Childhood Cookie

Get a good look at these Mother's Circus Animal Cookies because soon you will not be able to purchase them any more. In fact, it might already be too late to get your hands on a bag of these iconic goodies.

Mother's Cookies abruptly went out of business in October and Circus Animal Cookies, as well as every other product sold by Mother's or Archway will no longer be bought, sold or processed.

It's true, there are better grocery store cookies out there, but there's something about the pink and white circus animals that just makes me happy. Sigh.

Here in the Portland area Grocery Store Outlet has Circus Animal Cookies. Check your local grocery stores and stock up because this is it!

On a slightly related note (sad food story), when I got back from grocery shopping today and opened the back of my car, a gallon of milk fell out and the plastic jug cracked and milk went all over my legs and shoes and the ground.

I found that if I held the jug at a certain angle, the milk gush slowed down to a trickle. Isaac ran in the house to bring me a pitcher to transfer the remaining milk. At first he came out with a mug and said it was the biggest thing he could find, but after a little more instruction, he returned with a pitcher which I promptly filled with the remaining milk.

"Now we can't make lemonade!" Was Isaac's observation when he saw our regular lemonade pitcher filled with milk .

Because, you know, we make so much lemonade in November.

9 comments:

Betty Grace said...

They aren't making those cookies anymore???

Afton said...

I forgot to mention in my post that Mother's Cookie company went out of business. I added the info and a link to an article.

Heather said...

I liked the last line of the attached article--just eat something else, "you big baby." :) I heard about this on the radio, and thought it was kind of sad. I'll have to tell my mom--she loves those circus animals!

Erika said...

We love those cookies!! Whenever I take my kids shopping with me, they spot those ones and insist we get them, never fail! Sorry about your gallon of milk.

Senia said...

Sad story about the milk! As a poor college student, it's borderline tragic. Especially if it was a gallon of that expensive hormone-free stuff!

Afton said...

If it was the hormone free stuff Senia, the title of the post would have been, "Oh, the Humanity" and the post would have been at least twice as long and the last line would have been "By the way, you can't get those pink and white cookies anymore."

Debbie said...

Don't cry over spilt milk...Just kidding! ;)

I will miss their coconut sandwich cookies. I don't know what they are called...but they are so delicious! I have no opportunity to go and buy them since I can't find them here! :(

Heidi P said...

The 4th of July ones they made, made my toilet blue...I am glad they are leaving. What are the doing to my kids' insides?!
TMI :)

Allyson said...

I got several bags of the Halloween circus cookies for 75% off. They are orange and white. After 2 days the kids asked me to stop putting them in their lunches. I guess it isn't cool to have Halloween cookies in November.