Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Bunch of Things

Thing #1
I'm exhausted. I'm not too sure why this is since the only Thanksgiving meal prep I did was a green salad. Even with that cushy job, I still forgot to bring the Craisins, so our salad was fruitless.

I think my exhaustion could have something to do with the kids who are running a circle through the family room, to the living room, through the kitchen, then back to the family room. They are going around and around and pounding on the piano every time they pass. This is making me tired, but not as tired as when they bicker. And they are doing a lot of bickering this holiday weekend.

Thing #2
I am officially tired of Mannheim Steamroller's "Carol of the Bells" and every version of "Santa Baby," is on very thin ice. And please explain why they are still playing "Last Christmas" by Wham? It's so whiny.

Thing #3
Black Friday was good for Bath and Body Works Bunco prizes and Fred Meyer half price slippers, buy one get one board games, and 20% off all video game stuff. I find the fact that a Walmart Employee was trampled in a Black Friday stampede on Long Island, NY highly disturbing. Sick, actually.

Thing #4
I rake the leaves, but they keep coming. This could have something to do with why I'm exhausted.

Thing #5
I'm published again! Pick up your free copy of December's Vancouver Family Magazine to read all about how Clark County will celebrate Hanukkah by yours truly. Check here for an electronic copy.

Thing #6
I paid $1.69 a gallon for gas today. Ethan said, "Wow, didn't gas used to cost like $3 a gallon or something like that?"

Yeah, something like that.

Thing #7
I would like to recommend the British spy show MI-5 to everyone. See if you can check out the DVD's at your library like I did. I just finished season 1 (only 6 episodes) and can not wait for season 2. Here's a link which just gave away some information I didn't necessarily want to know. Here is another one from you tube. (The show is called "Spooks" across the pond.)

Did I mention that MI-5's Tom Quinn is played by Matthew MacFadyen who played Mr. Darcey on the Kiera Knightly version of Pride and Prejudice?

Thing #8
Do you ever have one of those catastrophic household events which requires a disgusting clean-up in which you should be wearing a hazmat suit, but instead are only wearing jeans, a t-shirt and thinning socks with possibly a hole on the bottom? And then after 30 minutes you realize you've been breathing through your mouth to avoid smelling whatever the surrounding air might smell like?

I will just say this: We will never have a dog.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Congrats on 3,5,6 & 7! Sorry about 1,2,4 & 8!!! :(

I can't believe how much cheaper gas is than 2 months ago!

Anonymous said...

What happened???? The holiday's are exhausting and it sounds like you did plenty of things to tire you out.

Heather said...

Yes, I'm going to need a more detailed description of #8. :) I think this weekend is always pretty tiring for most people, whether you shop or not. Our pastor at church thinks it's the combination of heavy food, TV, lots of people over, shopping, putting up Christmas decorations/lights, etc. But remember: "It's the MOST won-der-ful tiiiiime of the yeeeeeeear!"

Erika said...

Ya, that Wham song has got to go, along with that Paul McCartney one that goes something like "simply having a wonderful Christmas time". That song makes me want to lash out irrationally at somebody. There are plenty others too, but I can't think of them right now. I enjoy listening to CD's since I get so tired of hearing the same songs over and over again on the radio. I got a good Celtic Christmas one last year at Target that I love. It's so peaceful, and sometimes you don't need words to know the meaning of the songs. And I could never tire of good old Johnny Mathis, Bing Crosby, or Nat King Cole.

Erika said...

Good job on the article, by the way. I like how they eat fried foods because of the symbolic oil. I love anything fried in oil. Anyway, I learned something new!

Emily said...

I feel your pain! I forgot the cranberry sauce, gas prices are low so we can pay for christmas, dogs go poo in the house and it's nasty, congrats on being published again!, leaves? I just let the goats eat them! Can't wait to catch up on Friday!

Heather said...

Wow--I just read your article, too. Very nice! :) I got side-tracked going through your list the other day, so I forgot to go back & click the link. I didn't know you were coming over here for articles now! :) Very cool.