Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Do I Really Have to Explain?

Because I needed something to snack on while I read.

Because I want the smell of caramel corn in the house without having to pay $36 for the Yankee Candle.

Because it's raining outside and cozy inside

Because I can't think of a better use for my turkey roaster (hereafter to be referred to as the caramel corn pan of delight.)

Because I'm the mom and I say so!

Because I didn't know what else to do with all the brown sugar I have sitting around the house.

Because I can bake a treat without messing up, really I can.

Because I'm not planning a trip to Seaside any time soon.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where can I get some of that. What's with all the excuses. Popcorn is very high in fiber, so it's good for you. You're only excuse should be why you didn't make a triple batch and send me some.

Heather said...

I love making caramel corn, and it is actually much easier than I ever imagined. :) Did you thoroughly enjoy it? (I agree with Angela--no excuses necessary when it comes to caramel corn!)

Erika said...

Caramel corn definitely rocks! What a little Betty Crocker you are--first the pumpkin muffins, now this...what's next??? I'm feeling like a bad wife/mom now. I need to go whip something up!

Debbie said...

I have a recipe like this but I also add peanuts and M&M's! It makes it even more sinful!

I'm not sure if I can make stuff like that here :( Everything gets soggy because of the humidity! Cake stays moist longer, food out of the oven doesn't get cool quickly, but nothing stays crunchy for long! Maybe I could make it and keep it in the fridge?