Monday, November 10, 2008

Oops

I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins today. The recipe called for a whole can of pumpkin, which I used. Unfortunately, I used a 29 ounce can of pumpkin and I was only supposed to use a 15 ounce can.

The muffins seem to be just fine: very pumpkiny and very moist. Also, the recipe made around 30 muffins instead of 24, which I have no complaints about.

When ever I make a baking mistake, I think of that Toll House lady who discovered the chocolate chip all by accident and that maybe my baking mistake will be the next big thing. Maybe the world has been waiting for cookies with too much salt or a cake that has egg shells in it or muffins with twice as much pumpkin as the recipe calls for.

You never know.

4 comments:

Erika said...

YUM! Now I'm craving something pumpkin!!

Betty Grace said...

All i have to say is this post is SO Afton! I love it.

Betty Grace said...

And I'm not saying you often mess up recipes. Hey remember when I was making you that cooking show in college and burned the brownies because the oven was on broil but then we scraped off the over-cooked top and put it on ice cream and it was yummy then cooked the rest of the raw brownies which turned out great. That totally should have been my "something big". I don't know why it didn't catch on.

Afton said...

I think it did catch on Betsy, except it's called hot fudge. Good times!