Sunday, October 12, 2008

Super Sweet Sisters Seaside Weekend

Photobucket

I don't want to get braggy and make you feel bad about your weekend, but our Sister's Beach Weekend was, in a word, totally awesome. (OK, two words...whatever.) I had such a great time, I hardly know how to begin explaining the greatness of the whole thing.

One thing I learned this weekend was that for some people who don't have time to read long things, my blog can sometimes be a bit tedious. So I'm going to break this fabulous weekend down into an easy to digest list, like they have in Women's Day or Reader's Digest. (This one's for you, Angela!)

Ten Great Things About Going to the Beach With Your Sisters and Sister-in-Law

1. Clear blue skies and sun, sun, SUN!

2. 37 flavors of fudge.

3. 97 completed scrapbook pages, 1 knitted scarf and dozens of crystal baby bracelets.

4. Jim Gaffigan on the iPod. (Hot Pockets!)

5. Sleeping in, or not.

6. Going in those cute little stores with the all the cute things that your kids would surely break if they were in there with you.

7. No kids! (love you kids.)

8. Sushi for dinner

9. Tips on how to get free things from Walgreens....and...
10. Funky slash cute matching bracelets. Bah!

15 comments:

Senia said...

Sounds amazing. Please post more! I want to live vicariously through you.

And please tell me the 97 pages was combined? Otherwise, I am uber jealous.

Afton said...

Very much a combined total Senia. I had the lowest page total but it doesn't matter because I got all caught up and did every picture I brought.

Check back for more pictures.

Emily said...

I am jealous! 97 pages? When I get together with my girlfriend, we mostly end up talking and never get anything done.

Anonymous said...

L-O-V-E - LOVE your post! Thanks for keeping it simple slash short for those of us who are so busy planning outfits for school tomorrow. hahaha...j/k Andrew is almost asleep so I need to startle him and begin a long conversation. Laterz Sista!

P.S. I saw a shirt while waiting at the airport today that said "Haute Pocket" for those of us into designer clothing. Must have this and a matching one for my friends from south of the border.

Melissa said...

The 37 different flavors of fudge and "no kids" part both sounded absolutely fabulous to me! I haven't scrapbooked in ages, but I would imagine the "no kids" part definitely helped you get more done! Glad you had a fun weekend!

Erika said...

Sounds so wonderful, I'm glad you had so much fun! Did you rent a beach house? What a great idea to get together with your sisters there--sounds like the perfect get away! Would love to see more pictures!

Heather said...

Sounds like so much fun! :) I'm glad you were able to do this with your sisters. You should have a contest about that last picture to name whose hands are who's (or however you spell it.) I am guessing your hand is the one on the left...

Afton said...

Good one Heather. Actually, you are wrong on my hand. One sister does not scrapbook, so she is the one with the painted nails. I don't know if you want me to say which hand is mine, but at least it's down to 50-50. :)

Allyson said...

Seaside was a blast! I wish more of you could have joined us! Maybe next time!

The Mann Family said...

Sounds fun - I just got back from a Girl's Getaway this weekend too! I got 34 pages done... and a mini album. Yeah!

Debbie said...

Funny, I had the same thought about guessing whos hand is whos. I would've guessed your hand is the one with the greenish shirt on. Even without the hints... Am I right?

Afton said...

bingo! Debbie, you are right. My hand is the green shirt hand. I was flattered at Heather's guess though because it's my youngest sister's hand and she is 9 years younger than me. My hand looks MUCH older than that. How kind of my sisters to cover it so it wasn't obvious who the "oldy" was.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous - what a great way to make memories with your sisters!

Heather said...

Oh okay, so did it go Angela, Afton, Allyson & then...I'm sorry, but I can't remember your sister-in-law's name. :( Anyway, fun game! :)

Unknown said...

totally fun girls! i wish i was there! i love seaside! oh, and add to the list carmel apples from downtown stores! love ya'll!