Monday, November 19, 2007

Chocolate Fix


I made cookies today. You know how there are cookies you can whip up, bake and have the dishes done all with in 30 minutes. You have everything on hand at all times; you know the recipe by heart; you’re so efficient that you can also make bread dough, a potato casserole and bake a ham at the same time?

Well, these are NOT those cookies. I had to buy special ingredients for these cookies which required me to go to the store twice. I wouldn’t have had to go to the store twice, but I ate part of the ingredients and didn’t have enough to complete the recipe.

The cookies are Chocolate Malt Whopper Cookies and the recipe can be found here. I spotted the recipe at Cookie Madness and that blog link is at the bottom of my page. Unless you’ve become a vegan in the last 6 months, can’t tolerate massive chocolate overload, or insist on eating “healthy” by avoiding sweet snacks, these cookies are for you.

The recipe suggests using 6 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, or 1 cup of chocolate chips. I opted for the bar of bittersweet chocolate and I wish I would have just done the chips because the chopped up chocolate didn’t hold its form and kind of melted all over the place.

Anyway, the cookies were not too complicated, but enough so that I had to check the recipe a million times while I was making them. AND, chopping round whoppers is kind of a fun exercise in comedy.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Oh my, those look good. Droooooool.