Friday, July 4, 2008

Cheesy Birthday

Thank goodness the birthday party is over. Even though the Chuck E. Cheese employee did a fabulous job at making sure the party was well organized and completely stress free, somehow the party still took it out of me.

I came right home from Chuck E. Cheese and took a nap and when I woke up, every gift had been opened and box parts and packaging were scattered from the kitchen to the family room. Toys were being assembled, the slip and slide was minutes away from being slipped and slided on, and the snow cone machine was about to make its first snow cone. It was a little crazy.

Fortunately, Jonah had a great time at the party and I think that the guests did too. I worried that the parents were bored stiff following their kids around the arcade, but I guess I will just have to let that go. Not much I can do about it.

In the end, I waited for the kids to turn in their tickets and choose between a tiny plastic frog, a Tootsie Roll or a mini Pirates of the Caribbean notepad with 5 pages in it. You'd think this would not be a difficult decision, but it is. Very difficult. Requiring no less than 10 minutes of deliberation.

You'd think that Jonah would be party-satisfied, but he knows that his real birthday is still a few days away and keeps playing the "birthday boy" card any time he thinks he can get away with it. Also, he's mentioned several times about his next birthday, which I nicely told him to stop talking about for at least a year and a half.

No comments: