Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Ode to Red

You’ve been a good fish Red. You never once complained about your breakfast, but ate it all up like you hadn’t eaten for 24 hours. You kept your fish house clean and never swam around with “organic matter” hanging out of your back end. (Big thank you for that!) You never got in my way in the kitchen, even when I spent all day cooking for the big family get together. You didn’t even mind when I piled up all the ingredients for baked beans right next to your tank. Most of all, thank you for never puffing up at me, which I’m told you do to people you don’t like. I think I can say with confidence, we have become friends.

(We have been fish-sitting for the last 2 weeks and will send “Red” back to his family in a day or two.)

3 comments:

A. Hunter said...

if you like the fish so much why don't you go get one? They are only $2-$3 at the petstore. They only need 2 inches of water to live in and you only really need to feed them every 2-3 days. Trust me, I nearly tried to breed these things...

Afton said...

I said we were friends, not that I was going to miss him terribly. Part of the reason I think he's so great is that it's time to send him home.

Senia said...

Phew! I was just waiting for the "RIP!"