Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Tenth Day of Christmas Break!


Today I have a teenager. But it's OK because he promised that he wouldn't get all angsty and sullen and closed-up and that he would never think his parents were lame. Whew!

He wants blueberry pie and steak for his birthday meal. I guess I'm going out to buy a flank steak, but wish we could just go to Outback and call it good. I have a fridge full of leftovers and a turkey that still needs to be made. So much food!

I took down the tree today and put away all the Christmas things. I love cleaning up and putting all the Christmas stuff away.  It feels so freeing.

It snowed today, but didn't really stick.  I don't think we will get any sledding days here in the valley which means we might have to drive up to the mountain on Friday. Ugh. It is supposed to snow off and on today and tonight.

Robert took the boys swimming. It is the first time in 10 days I've had the house to myself. I'm a little giddy with it. I love not going swimming.

5 comments:

Anna said...

I am sooo looking forward to taking down my tree! I'm just dreading two little children crying when they see it's not there anymore.

Afton said...

I think Robert was the most disappointed. I just reminded him that last year I took it down the day after Christmas, so really, waiting until 4 days after Christmas is a huge improvement.

Natalie said...

Eric hints at me every day to take the tree down. The trouble is not that I don't want to, it's that there are 2 large trees, 1 small one and a hundred other decorations. Btw, that's very mature of Ethan to promise those things. Sounds like you're set for trouble-free teenage years. Ha! Have you ever heard of such a thing?!

Emily said...

Tomorrow, I will be the parent of a teenager as well...but her due date was the 28th :) I am just a couple days behind you...In our family, it's law that Christmas has to be done and gone before we can celebrate Madeline's Birthday...

Erika said...

I love that so many of us are in the same boat--experiencing our first teenagers together! So exciting and crazy! Today I asked the kids if we should take the tree down and they quickly yelled NO! Looks like I'll have to wait until New Year's Day which is usually when everything comes down. I'm actually ready for it all to go this year. Onwards and forwards!