Saturday, August 30, 2008

Peaches

Yesterday I canned peaches with a friend...a friend who didn't want me to mention her on this blog because she thinks she didn't work very hard to get these peaches canned and I guess she's right because really, standing her "preggo" self on her feet for 3-4 hours and slicing peaches at the speed of light is just so easy.

So I won't mention your name Jillyn.

Anyway, here's what we did...44 fabulous quarts of delicious Northwest grown peaches. It was a lot of work and I needed a nap by the time we were done. More than anything, though, I look at these jars and I wonder: What was I thinking? There is no way my family will eat this many peaches by this time next year.

Or will they?

3 comments:

Erika said...

Way to go! Don't you just love looking at all those jars lined up? Home canned fruit is sooo much better than store bought-it's like gold in a jar! My husband and kids won't eat the store stuff so that forces me to can, and I actually love the satisfaction it gives me. I'm staring at 2 boxes of pears right now as we speak that will be needing my attention in a day or two. Fun Fun!

Heather said...

If you have any need to get rid of some, you know where to find us. ;)
Nice job! Sometime I'll have to hire you as my canning tutor.

Marah said...

Those peaches look beautiful. Way to go! And good job, Preggo.