Monday, August 25, 2008

Neurosis Revealed

Sometimes I feel like saying:

"Stop bringing dirty carrots into my kitchen."

"Can't you pee outside? I just cleaned the toilets."

"Please just hold still today and don't touch anything."

"Don't play with the toys, I just put them away."

"No, you can't have a drink of milk, I'm done doing dishes. Why don't you go outside and drink from the hose."

"I just fluffed the cushions on the couch and you messed them up by sitting down."

I might say these things if I wasn't so busy saying things like:

"Does someone have a dead bird stuck to the bottom of their shoe?"

"Hey, don't wipe your dirty face on the couch."

"Whose muddy footprints are these?"

"How long has this wet towel been on the floor?"

"Why is there gravel in your bed?"

"Is that the tadpoles that I smell?"

On a related note,

5 comments:

Heather said...

This gave Keith and I a great laugh. I love the first questions and I can just hear you saying the second questions! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE your countdown!! I can't wait for school to start either. is this a sign of a bad mom?? or just a happy mom wanting the best her children and thinking school is the best place right now :-)
Jillyn

Erika said...

That was so funny! I find myself asking the same type of questions, mostly to my boys! Boys are just something else, aren't they? Anyway, school started here and boy am I loving life! I don't know how some moms home school their kids, because I definitely need the break when the kids are away at school.

Emily said...

I am so looking forward to next tuesday! Thanks for the laugh. I needed a little insanity to get me through the next week.

Betty Grace said...

funny!