Wednesday, February 18, 2009

And Now, What You've All Been Waiting For...

...Pictures of my toilet.

I got a box of bathroom cleaning goodness yesterday as part of my Bzz Agent responsibilities.

The main item was the Dow Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner. (In just 14-21 days, you too can have a clean shower!)

As an extra added bonus, however, I also received the Dow Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gel.

Oooh, this thing is weird: It's like a cookie press for your toilet. No kidding.

You get a little tube filled with the aforementioned "toilet cleaning gel" and a plunger apparatus to use with it. Then you squirt out these little stars of gel under your toilet's rim. Each time you flush, a little of the cleaner comes off, keeping your toilet fresh and sparkly for seven days. (We will just have to see about that!)


Cons: The scent is a little intense for me and it appears there is a strange alien life form living under the rim of our toilet bowl. Kind of scary.

Pros: For the first time EVER, the boys are remembering to flush the toilet after each use. Ahhh! They are really excited to see that little gel blob get smaller and smaller. Also, flushing seems to tone down the scent quite nicely.

As for the Automatic Shower cleaner, I don't think it's going to work out for us. It's supposed to lay flat against the wall but we have an awesome dispenser type thing that eliminates the bottle build up in the shower.

Well, see for yourself:

4 comments:

Erika said...

Ya, the shower thing has got to go. What is it with boys and not flushing? Mine never do! I feel like I'm always nagging at them each time they go, but it drives me nuts! I think I need a little green blob for my toilet too!

Our Family said...

So do you think this toilet stuff would eliminate the intense odor that comes from 5 boys using a bathroom?! If you think so, then I will go right out and buy it. Just tell me where to shop!!!

Debbie said...

I love that you are talented enough that even toilet posts are really interesting! :)

Afton said...

Khristine, I don't think the toilet blob will eliminate the scent, but it will certainly mask it to some degree.

Erika, I'm kind of sad about the shower cleaner especially since I just cleaned the shower yesterday and this is supposed to keep it really clean for a long time. And it's just a stall shower and space is at a premium.