Friday, April 1, 2011

Vitamin D

Here is what I did today.

Went for a run. I don't know how many miles it was, but it was about 45 minutes. And part of it was speed walking. But at nearly 3000 feet above sea level, my lungs were burning by the time I staggered up my parents driveway. It felt great.

Sat in the sun. It was about 9:30 am and the sun was so warm and the breeze was so gentle and I honestly didn't think I would ever be able to get up. I listened as lizards scampered across the sand and as quail chirped, standing watch over there bevies. I heard the wings of birds flapping as they flew over head and saw an occasional jack rabbit. I got a little sun burn.

Sat in the house. I read for a while. But after sitting outside in the sun, the house seemed cold. So I snuggled under a blanket.

Sat in the sun some more.

Ate lunch at Cafe Rio. Had the pork barbacoa salad and loved every bite. Spotted several polygamist women getting take out. Cafe Rio is that good.

Got a Chocolate Blast from Baskin Robbins. The default recipe doesn't include coffee here in Utah. Which was nice.

Came home, read, kind of fell asleep, woke up, read some more, checked e-mail and decided to write a little.

I'm back outside now, watching as the setting sun creates dramatic shadows on the red cliffs behind my parents home. The air smells great and it's quiet. Except for the seed packing machine running full tilt in my parent's garage.

I feel like I'm at a spa. A spa that makes custom seed packets.

4 comments:

I-Shüan said...

That is so awesome. You are on a real vacation! I love St. George!

FYI, we did have some sun here today too, thank you very much!

Emily said...

I think I might be tempted to cut my own arm off like that guy in 127 hours just to trade places with you....

Erika said...

Sounds heavenly, especially the pork barbecoa part. That's first on my list when we go to Utah this summer--that and some Red Mango.

a said...

mmmmm peace!!!