- Slept in until 7:45. I stayed in bed and thought about my day while I very slowly woke up
- Ate breakfast (Bob's 10 grain hot cereal)
- Trimmed and cut back bushes and trees and ornamental grasses in our yard, pulled out dead plant matter from last year and cleaned up the beds to make room for all the new bulbs pushing through the dirt. Raked and deposited all clippings and pullings in the yard waste recycling bin
- Cleaned off the front porch
- Organized my food storage
- Bought a birthday present
- Took Jonah to his basketball team pictures and game
- Grocery shopped, bought kids new church shoes
- Cleaned the garage
- Took Jonah to a birthday party
- Prepared class list and activity calendar for the new Beehive class presidency
- Picked up Jonah from his birthday party
- Made breakfast for dinner: bacon, pancakes, scrambled eggs with OJ to drink
- Cleaned up the kitchen
- Made Heath Bar crunch ice cream for tomorrow
- Made sugar cookie dough for Valentine cookies tomorrow
- Washed and folded 3 loads of laundry
- Solved the great Pokemon meltdown (DS in time out for one day)
You might notice I didn't have "shower" or "eat lunch" on the list. But I don't think I stink too bad, and I had an extra piece of bacon at dinner to make up for missing lunch.
Now I'm sitting on my bed, listening to the rain pound against the window. I'm exhausted, my muscles ache and it feels great! I have the latest Juliet Marillier book in the Sevenwaters series that I'm going to read as soon as I snuggle up under the covers.It feels so good to relax when I've worked hard. This is something I try to teach my kids. I don't think they fully get it yet, but I hope that some day they do. It is impossible to fully enjoy leisure and rest without having worked.
And I'm fully enjoying it tonight.