Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer Update Update

I wasn't locked out of the house for a terribly long time this afternoon, but the very fact that my own flesh and blood sat in the house, consciously choosing to not respond to my fervent window pounding has put a bit of a damper on my day.

I feel like taking a 5 week nap.

I feel like putting up the "first day of school" countdown clock on my blog.

I feel like leaving the grapes they've smashed right where they are on the kitchen floor for another 38 days.

I feel like I want bedtime to be right now and this day to be over.

I feel like I'm ready to be done with summer right now.

8 comments:

Erika said...

I hear you. Hang in there!! Time is flying--I can't believe it's August tomorrow already! I too cannot WAIT until school is back in and I can once again have order in my life and be able to get a grip on everything!!

Erika said...

PS-Does your school not start until September? Ours starts Aug. 24. I'm so sorry you have to wait 38 days!! Ugh.

Afton said...

September 8th...But we get more days in June...I hope.

Emily said...

I am going to find a countdown to school starting. Fortunately, this month is packed with activity unlike the first half of summer. All I can say is, if they make it to September 8th then you'll have done your job.

Debbie said...

If people were carrying around keychains that had countdowns for the Bush administration ending (I saw many working in downtown portland...) then why not have a summer keychain for school to start! I think there is an untapped market out there Afton!
Something else to sale next to your super cute handsewn handbags!

Afton said...

Debbie, if I had a countdown keychain, I also might not get locked out of the house! Brilliant.

Debbie said...

Perhaps the countdown keychain could have a stun gun attached to it. If a bell worked on Pavlov's dog...wouldn't a stun gun keep your kids in line? ;)

Marah said...

Amen, and amen.