Friday, July 17, 2009

I Made That!

After 2 and a half weeks*, a minor sewing machine glitch (which turned out, as it usually does, to be user error) and about thirty bucks (give or take...), I've made an original Margaret Sling Bag.

The best thing about sewing stuff is that Robert still thinks it saves money over buying from a store. He's so cute.

The pattern, which you can find at the above link, has instructions for a shoulder bag or a cross-body bag. I made the cross-body bag because that is just my thing.

I also got to pick out a funky button. This picture does not really do the funky button justice because the focus isn't super sharp, but I took these pictures this morning in Jonah and Isaac's bedroom while they were still sleeping. I had to take all the hats off these pegs and quietly open the curtains to get the light just right then take the pictures, all without waking them up.

*would have taken 3-4 hours (after cutting) to complete the project if my sewing machine issue hadn't cropped up.

6 comments:

Erika said...

I want it!! You are so good!

Emily said...

It's gorgeous! I'll post my I-phone holder when I'm done...the fabric is divine!

Marah said...

You are way beyond cool.

Must be practicing for a YW activity. (snicker)

shiguy4076 said...

so cute!

Debbie said...

I LOVE it!!! Does that mean (now that the user error is fixed...) you can make me one in 3-4 hrs??? You could start a business and sell them at Cedar hills farmers market!!

teresa said...

that is gorgeous! nicely done! I looove buttons so I will have to see this in person so I can oooh and ahhh over it. did you know there is a store in downtown portland that is devoted entirely to buttons? :)