Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rebel With an Update

A few of you wanted to know how Jr. Great Books went with my contraband book, "Christina Katerina and the Box."

The short answer: Great

First, the book had pictures. This kept my group focused on the story.

Second, it was a great story about a little girl's creativity and her friendship with the boy next door. There were plenty of things to talk about and discuss with the story. The kids had fun drawing pictures of what they would do with a big box.

Third, I had fun sharing the story with the kids which made it more fun for me and I think, more fun for them.

The next book I'm planning to bring, "Pickle Chiffon Pie" by Jolly Roger Bradfield.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Yea! I'm glad it went well! Rebels everywhere cheer! (Maybe you should do a *new* superhero with your *new* rebellious nature! This rebellious afton wouldn't be giving canned food away ;)