Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Boys

It's been a while since I posted pictures of my boys. Here's what they've been up to...

Obi Wan Kenobi (notice light saber hooked to pocket) has been climbing trees, riding his bike and building great things out of Legos. This outfit is Jonah's favorite with the dinosaur/camouflage combo, it is the first outfit he wears each week after the laundry has been done.

You can't tell in this picture, but the wrist bands on the sleeves have almost completely separated from the rest of the sleeve and there is a big rip in the seat of these pants (stitched up, of course.)

Isaac turned 5. He got some new Star Wars guys and a bike, which he helped Robert put together and rode around the house and outside. He used his birthday money to buy a purple light saber, a stomp rocket and a Pokemon Game Boy game.

This Saturday he is having his first ever "friend" birthday party and the theme will be Jedi Training Academy.

And here is Ethan all decked out for baseball practice. This is Ethan's first time playing baseball so we got to take a trip to Sports Authority with a long list of stuff to buy. (Did you know bats cost $40?)

Practices are 4 times a week but luckily, some of them get canceled because of rain.

I'm not a fan of baseball. I don't love driving to and from practice 4 times a week and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to love sitting in the cold and rain watching the games.

I hope Ethan is having a good time. I'm pretty sure my attitude will change if I know he's loving it.

4 comments:

Erika said...

Handsome boys. "Obi wan" makes me smile. Reminds me of my boys with the light saber and legos.

I didn't like baseball at all when Pierce started playing, but now I love it. Maybe because they start playing in May when it's nice and sunny here and everyone's happy to be out and about. Ya, the price of bats and everything is ridiculous. Last year we finally broke down and bought Pierce a real metal bat. I found one at Target I think for $25 or so--a "Louisville Slugger". It ended up being the teams lucky bat. They got some really big hits off it. I'm afraid this year he will need bigger cleats though. There's always something! Have fun with the 4 practices a week. That's a lot!

Senia said...

Cute pictures!! :-) Good luck with the party this weekend!

Catherine said...

4 times a week? How can anyone thing that's a good idea? That is insane.

They do look happy though so whatever your doing must be just fine. I can't wait to see you all in person!

Debbie said...

Perhaps they plan 4 x's a week recognizing it's oregon and that way they'll get 1-2 x's a week practice ;)