Sunday, November 27, 2011

Epic Fail


Every single morning, I give my kids cold cereal. And every once in a while I kind of feel bad about that. So last night I made this breakfast casserole. It cooked all night and the delicious smell actually got me out of bed this morning. I ate and loved it. Yum!

Then I got the kids up and gave it to them.

They hated it. Every single one of them. Each took one bite and then poured themselves a bowl of Berry Colossal Crunch.

This breakfast casserole contains 2 pounds of shredded potatoes and a dozen eggs, among other things. And that's it. They don't like it at all.

"Well," Ethan said, "I guess you'll just have to eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next 5 days."

Kids! You can't beat 'em. (No, you really can't. Child protective services will come.)

4 comments:

Heather said...

What a bummer--it looks delicious! Bring it over here and we'll help you eat it. :)

Karina said...

Your breakfast looks delicious to me! I can't ever buy Berry Colossal Crunch or my kids eat it breakfast, lunch & dinner until it is gone!

Chelsea said...

I got on a hot breakfast kick in September (the same time I begin and eventually end every one of my hot breakfast kicks) and made like 200 pancakes, waffles, and breakfast burritos. It took forever, and they liked it all for about 2 weeks. Now my freezer is full of frozen breakfast burritos (the pancakes/waffles were all gone in two weeks). Probably 60 burritoes in there. Such a waste of a brilliant idea (nevermind tortillas, cheese, sausage, and hashbrowns!). I prefer cereal too, so I am no help. :)

Suzanne Wayne said...

I am just glad to know that I am not the only one who feels guilty for feeding my kids cold cereal for breakfast every morning. (I attempt to relieve said guilt by making sure they have some fruit. You know - try and make it match the image of the "part of a complete breakfast" that they show on the cereal commercials.)