Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Jell-o Project: Fruit Mold, Literally

Feeling a little uninspired this week, I thought I'd make something sure to be a hit with the kids. These "fruit" slices are cute and actually quite tasty. And the kids agreed!

If you want to make these fruit Jell-o slices, check out these directions from NotMartha.com.

I appreciate all those who have lent suggestions to help me get out of my Jell-o doldrums. I was very close to making Allyson's suggested Prune Whip this week until I found out what was involved in making prune pulp.

I will have to find a special Jell-o to make for a little get-together we will have this Friday with a few friends. I'm thinking it will need to be red, white and blue. And fabulous.

7 comments:

I-Shüan said...

Those are so cool! I made some years ago but it seems like something wasn't quite right when I made them. Were they easy to do?

Afton said...

The orange was a pain to clean out. I was worried that if I left too much pulp in the rind the jello would not set. Other than that, they were very easy.

Debbie said...

So Fun! I love them!

Anna said...

At first I thought you were referring to moldy fruit. Those look really cool.

Erika said...

Yum! Somewhere I have a recipe for a layered red, white, and blue jello salad that you make in a trifle dish. I haven't made it forever, but I remember it was really pretty, not to mention tasty too. It would be cute with a couple american flags stuck in it or something to jazz it up even more. I'd be happy to dig it out for you if you're interested.

Erika said...

I just realized I posted the recipe on my recipe blog a long time ago! It's on www.delicious-dales.blogspot.com. Look on the right hand side index under jello.

Afton said...

Erika! This is perfect. I think it's finally time I bought a trifle dish. This Jell-o will be perfect. Thanks.