Wednesday, April 1, 2009

In Which I Have a Little Fun at Ethan's Expense

This is what Ethan got in his lunch today: Uncooked rice, cotton balls, sliced olives, cheesecake pudding mix and Legos. I also included a little note telling him to treat himself to a hot lunch and a little p.s. requesting he not use any of the fake lunch items to torment or distract his classmates.

Are you fooling anyone today?

p.s. Lest you think I'm an over-achieving super-mom, I must disclose that I had not the slightest inclination to do anything foolish today. But my neighbor asked me if I was doing anything, then sent me this link. That got the wheels spinning. Then when I woke up from a distressing dream at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep, I formulated the rest of the plan.

And it took less time to assemble this lunch than it would have to make an edible one.

4 comments:

Erika said...

Very clever. I can never think of anything good to do.

Our Family said...

I am an April Fool's Day dud. We have six immediate family member birthdays from March 11 to June 1 (not to mention the three in-law birthdays and Easter). I just don't have the energy. Maybe you could tell me ahead of time what you are going to do every year, and I could just copy you? : )

Debbie said...

I got this e-mail from a friend yesturday...

Trivia: Did you know that in some countries ( UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada) the jokes only last until noon? Anyone who plays a trick after noon is called an "April Fool". But for our friends from Ireland, France and the USA, the jokes last the whole day!

That is a great prank! So funny! :) What did he say when he got home?

I-Shüan said...

That was a great one! And no fair that you just came up with one that good without even trying!

Did you hear Mr. Boudreaux (I wish I had a cool name like that) told the 1st graders no more 2nd recess because they need to prepare to be 2nd graders? Ouch! That'll get them looking forward to being 2nd graders!