Friday, April 11, 2008

A Milestone

Today I bought a CD. Probably the first time in 12 years that I've purchased a music CD that didn't include songs about big red cars, choo choo trains, bumble bees or cleaning up.

Just for me, not for the kids and I love it. I'm still cool right?

I'm listening to it now, but it's not the same as it was 12 years ago when I didn't have little boys who refuse to go outside and play even though it's 61 degrees and sunny for crying out loud. Instead they'd rather sit in the same room with me and list off things they want for their birthdays that are over 4 months away.

When they are done listing off things I can buy them, they list all the places they'd like me to take them since evidently, spending 2 and a half hours at Chuck E. Cheese this morning was not enough.

1 comment:

Heidi P said...

I was just thinking the other day, after downloading Hannah Montana for my kids, what music do I even like? If I could buy a CD, what would I choose? HUH, congratulations. That is a treat for yourself.