Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Tax Dollars at Work

Good times were had in our back yard tonight as the Parks and Rec put our tax dollars to good use and brought us Keegan Smith and the Fam in concert. It's great to have an event like this that brings the whole neighborhood together. There were booths from the library, the sherriff's office and a few other community organizations. There was even a bounce house.

Ethan found the best seat in the house out his bedroom window on the roof. (I said he could do it if dad said it was OK.) At first he was sitting, but before long he was dancing. Eventually he got the attention of Keegan Smith himself.

"Check out my back up dancer on that roof over there." he said, and the whole crowd turned and looked at Ethan. "Without falling off, give me some of your funkiest moves." The crowd watched with interest as Ethan did his thing. A few even took pictures.

I realize that there are only a handful of people who might be interested in watching my kids dance for 2 and a half minutes, and my movie making skills are still kind of lame, (it's my second movie ever for crying out loud) but you have to admit, Ethan's got moves. (And Isaac seems to be channeling his inner Napoleon Dynamite.)

(**UPDATE**sorry if you tried to click on this video before and it insulted you. I changed the privacy setting so you should be able to see it.)


After the concert, Keegan was signing stuff at the merch table and Ethan went up to meet him and get his autograph. He had Keegan sign the back of his shirt and announced, "I'm never washing this shirt."

4 comments:

Senia said...

Haha, love it! Especially how focused they all are. I see some hula-hooping influence on Ethan's dance moves...

Erika said...

Look at them go! They are not shy at all! Do they get their moves from their mom or their dad?

Allyson said...

Rock on! This was really cute. Sure to be a fun video to show at their wedding one day!

huynh ngoc tan said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine!
I am your new follower and hope you can stop over to my blog and follow me back.

http://petverylovely.blogspot.com/