Thursday, August 27, 2009

In Case You Were Wondering...

....if I've dropped off the face of the earth, I haven't.

I am, however, finding these last remaining days of summer to be particularly trying.

The house is slowly but surely being swallowed by dropped socks, a surprising number of Band Aid wrappers, junk mail and toys that seem to have a life of their own. Every day the pile grows from the confines of the bedrooms and toy room and makes its way down the hall and onto the stairs.

At the risk of sounding defeated, I feel...defeated.

Kids - 1
Mom - Goose Egg

And defeat does not lend itself to creative thought or the desire to be generally productive or do things like get out of bed.

I'll be back in a week and a half with something more positive to say.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Hang in there! I know the last week before school started it was like all hell had broken loose in our home and the kids were constantly fighting and having all these problems. I, like you, felt defeated and didn't know what else I could do to try and make things better. I had no motivation and stopped running or doing the treadmill a long time ago. Now that they're back in school I feel so much better. I know that might seem bad to some moms out there, but not all our circumstances are the same so we can't compare or judge. I now have time to myself to regroup and get my life back "in order". I love my kids more than anything. They are my life, but like I said on my blog, this time apart each day is good for all of us and makes us love and appreciate eachother more.

Debbie said...

I have to admit I was worried about you! I'm glad you have something to look forward to! :)

I'm sure once sept 8 comes you'll be back to your witty self in no time!