Monday, December 8, 2008

What I Want For Christmas

Oh, I know what you are thinking..."she just wrote a long missive about how there was too much stuff out there and she wanted to get off the 'consumerism grid' and now she says she wants a Lexus?"

No, I don't want the Lexus...I want the giant bow.

How fun would it be to take our old 1994 Honda Accord, park it in the driveway on Christmas Eve and slap that massive red car bow on top of it? I can just imagine the reactions from our neighbors when they saw it Christmas morning.

Would they even notice the 14 year old car or just the $200 bow and assume the car was new?

Of course if I had an extra $200 for Christmas, I would not spend it on a giant red bow. But you have to admit, the giant bow could be a lot of fun.

I know. I'm a nerd.

3 comments:

Betty Grace said...

Hilarious!

Afton said...

You get me Betsy.

Senia said...

The $200 holiday bow is an excellent way to spruce up any regifted item. People will be so excited about the bow, they won't even realize they're getting ripped off.

Brilliant, Afton...brilliant! :-)