Sunday, May 15, 2011

Stuff You Should Know


You should know that I've been busy. Not so busy that I haven't had time to read books, keep up on the laundry, work on the garden, exercise, and bake cookies. I wrote 2 articles for Vancouver Family Magazine (for the June 2011 issue), taught a class on summer reading with kids, and am currently preparing a 45 minute spiritual lesson for Girl's Camp--which I will be attending--in 5 weeks. Of course I'm still working on my middle grade manuscript and critiquing other manuscripts and submitting both to my writing group every two weeks. And I've been volunteering at school too.

And of course I've spent a little time worrying about the last day of school. How could it have come so quickly? I'm not ready to give up the ordered routine of school.

Oh, and I got a little part time job.

You should also know that I've been sewing purses for my Etsy shop, Handbag Chronicles (tell all your friends.) The picture above shows the start of five new Lickety Split Mini bags and represents about six hours of work. Crazy, no? It doesn't look like much and I still have a long way to go before they are ready to sell.

You should know that I realize I've neglected my blog and that I feel very bad about it. Especially when some people offer to pay me to update it and then inspire me by writing a super newsy, fabulous post. Oh, the pressure.

And finally, you should know that  it's Sunday night. My most favorite time of the week. Because I realize that I will soon return to the ordered routine of Monday through Friday. I can throw a few loads into the laundry and get ready for clean-up-Monday.

I love clean-up-Monday.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow! I have so many questions for you: What's your new job? What's a Lickety Split mini bag? What are your magazine articles about? What's your camp theme? (I'm the stake camp director, so I always want to know this.) What's the sprirtual lesson about? More details, please! I've missed reading up on your life lately.

Senia said...

Sheesh! Who would have the nerve to put added pressure on you when you obviously already have so much on your plate.
Some people's kids!