Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Here's the Thing

I need my own computer.

This one is too old, too in demand, too slow.

See, for some reason, I can't post pictures right now. I can't post here on my blog or on Facebook. I can't change the picture of the book I'm currently reading.

I find it mildly annoying that everyone thinks I'm still reading "Countess Below Stairs" which, from the cover (which you shouldn't judge) looks like a step up from a Harlequin Romance, but if you really read it, you'd find it's more like a baby Harlequin Romance with none of the bodice ripping, but all of the overdone descriptions of the main character's delicate hands and her relative's goiterous necks. It's true.

I've read, "By These Ten Bones" and "Mrs. Miniver" since "Countess Below Stairs" and I have no way of showing that.

I also have a picture of the tent that is currently set up in the garage in which the kids have spent 3 of the last 4 nights. Jonah wanted to sleep in there again tonight, but he would have been all alone and it just kind of made me sad. I had to bribe him to sleep in his own bed with a back rub.

I think he liked the sleeping bag in the tent in the garage because he didn't have to make his bed in the morning...it was already made from not sleeping in it.

But see, I don't want to give this all away now without the picture to go along with it. Camping in the garage has to be its own post! With a picture! Which I can't seem to post because of this sad, sad computer which is all I have to use.

Which brings me to the need for a new computer.

It's got to be a Macbook. Sorry, but that's the way it's gotta be.

Also, it has to be mine. No kids allowed. As for Robert? I'll think about it.

A Macbook is probably more than I need. Certainly it cost more than I should pay, but I don't care. I want it anyway. I'm saving money from writing, but it's going slowly because...well, because of this stupid computer that is slow and always seems to have boys hovering around it asking me when I'm going to be done so they can play on it. (And when I say "asking" I really mean whining and complaining until they wear me down and I turn the computer over to them and go upstairs to read a book that no one will ever know I'm reading because I can't post a picture of it.)

So I'm not getting much writing done.

Except, I'm obviously writing right now, so...anyone want to buy this? I charge 10 cents a word.

No comments: