Sunday, November 10, 2013

Halloween 2013

The older I get, the more I realize how stupid and confining my comfort zone is. I've been stepping out of it more and more, not because I feel like I have to, but because I really don't care anymore. It's a paradigm shift that would have been super to have about 20 years ago, but better late than never, right?

What better night to be uncomfortable than Halloween? Well, it wasn't exactly Halloween. It was Trunk or Treat which was October 24th. I had fun at the church party, even though I was super uncomfortable as a momentary center of attention (suddenly she remembers why she doesn't like to dress up), but after a while, I was just super uncomfortable in the giant blue wig that came with the Marge Simpson costume. A couple Advil later (keep a stash in the glove box because you never know!) and I was back in business.

Here's a side by side so you can see just how great the costume was:

And here's Isaac and his costume inspiration (Jonah was Samwise Gamgee):






No comments: