Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tiny Connect 4, I'm Putting You On Notice!

I know several of you have checked to see if I blogged about my reaction to the fact that (holy cow!!!) the kids are now in school. Sorry to keep you waiting for a witty post describing my joy. Honestly, I've been so happy, I couldn't think of anything witty to say.

The house was in such a state that I've spent the last two days cleaning. Maybe not the best way to start the school year, but there is something to be said for cleaning a room, and then coming back 2 hours later and finding it exactly as you left it. So, I don't mind the cleaning so much.

During my clean sweep today, I ran across this little gem:

As you can see, this is the world's smallest "Connect 4" game. We have 4 of these games. They were prizes issued at the Intel Family picnic this summer and just a few of the other 138 things we came home with that day.

I know you are thinking I just pulled a number out of my head and typed it to create some kind of drama, and while I do admit to kind of doing that in the past, this time, I did not. We really brought home 138 things from the Intel Family Picnic. (Yes, I'm the nerd who counted them all.)

We got things like 12 paddle ball games, a camp chair, 5 large Frisbees and 4 small Frisbees, 3 mini beach balls, 5 rubber ducks, 1 book light, 7 red, white and blue hackey sacks, 2 fancy Intel pen sets and 3 hula hoops. Really, I'm not making this up. We had to make 3 trips to the car during the picnic just to unload our loot. Insane.

Back to the world's smallest Connect 4. When I look at this game and even more, when I vacuum up the pieces of this game that have found every little crevice in the back of the car, I can't help thinking that someone hates me.

Really, what is the purpose of this game? Even a child's fingers are too small to grasp the tiny pieces. And if by some miracle, you were able to pick up one of those little discs, I'm sure any optometrist would agree that serious eye damage is likely to result just from the squinting it would take to plan your next move.

Clearly this game was created by malicious people who want to drive moms crazy.

And we have 4 of them. Well actually, we now have 3. Remember, I already vacuumed up that one in the car. Tomorrow, maybe we will only have 2 tiny Connect 4 games....mwah, hahh, haaaa!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Sounds like you'll be dreaming about Connect 4! Just found your blog, enjoyed browsing ... Happy writing!

Heather said...

I can tell you that in the few minutes I dealt with that game at Mom & Dad's house...I feel your pain. :) Hope you go vacuum-crazy. :) Haha. What are you doing with your time now???

Emily said...

Afton...I live less than 10 minutes from you. I live between Rock Creek Tavern and Helvetia Tavern just west of you. By the way...polly pockets have mysteriously disappeared in my vacuum.