Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's About Time

It only took 12 hours for everyone to be out of the house at the same time. Finally, peace, quiet, bliss.

This is short-lived bliss to be sure. Robert will be back soon with the power tamper he is renting from Home Depot. We are going to do some power tamping tonight and maybe get a few more rocks off the driveway in the process.

And the boys will be back soon too. They are running around the neighborhood, or something. I think they left while I was watching Jeopardy. Speaking of Jeopardy, I was a bit disappointed this week when the skinny guy with the big hair and suit from the dumpster didn’t win. I seriously could have handled having him as a Jeopardy champion for a few nights. He was funny. And smart.

I’ve been systematically carpet cleaning the downstairs all this week. Tonight was supposed to be the final room: The Family Room. I was really looking forward to cleaning the family room because it is the dirtiest room of them all. I get giddy when I empty the water collection container and the water is really, really dirty. I call people to come and look and everything. Nobody ever comes, but they should. They are missing out on seeing some totally disgusting water.

I don’t think I’ll be able to do the carpet cleaning tonight, however, because a) I’m not really sure where I will move the furniture, b) I can’t move it by myself, even if I did know where to put it, c) the kids are all hyped up to watch a Lion King video we checked out of the library and they will be watching it in that room, and d) I’m pretty sure I will be involved in the power tamping…woo hoo.

Other Stuff I’ve Been Doing

Picked Waldo blackberries on Tuesday, maybe about 12 pounds. Also ran every last one of those suckers through a cheese cloth strainer to remove all the seeds. I know it sounds time consuming, but it only took about 4 hours including my lunch break.

On Wednesday (that would be today) I picked about 12 pounds of blueberries—YUM! I also took the blackberry juice/pulp (from yesterday) and made seedless blackberry jam: twelve half pint jars and 2 whole pint jars to be exact.

I also am in the process of freezing some blueberries and we made blueberry smoothies and a blueberry pie today. Did I mention I love living here?

Coming Up

Robert is taking tomorrow off to work in the backyard. Hopefully I’ll have some stunning pictures of our “finished” paver pathways to post tomorrow.

I’ll make another pie for “Pie In Here” Day, which is tomorrow. Happy Pie In Here Day everyone.

I’ll get ready for our beach trip and optimistically pack bathing suits (for the kids, OK, not me!) (What? The water is really, really cold!)

I’ll take the kids to see a movie…probably Space Chimps.

No comments: